Wednesday 1 April 2009

Stealing Time

I am knackered.

Went into London last night to snatch a glimpse of my fiancee, which was nice although i was so tired that we ended up watching a DVD at Debs while she packed to go away. Woo! Go socialites! Despite all that I didn't get home till 1am. Straight to bed.

I really need an early night. I think I'm living on time stolen from tomorrow at the moment - still an England match should allow me to catch up on lost sleep.

Can't remember the last time an England qualifier seemed so dull. But that's probably a good thing. Fabio Capello has turned England into a dull yet effective team - rather than the exciting but ultimately unsuccessful teams of his predecessors. No more will we have the edge-of-you-seat, will-we-qualify, last-minute desperate games where all seemed to be OK till Englands talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory rises again. Now we can look forward to actually meaningless games where we have already qualified and can play the youngsters and give them experience without worrying that we'll lose badly.

My tip of the day: Expect a 0-0 or a 1-0 score - neither team have strikers on form.

Peace to y'all.
LP

3 comments:

  1. Not on form?! How can you say that?! I mean, Wayne Rooney scoring two goals in his last match against WORLD CLASS OPPOSITION, means he's on amazing form and the best striker in the world, right?

    /Lawro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my prediction looked pretty good till "not-on-form" Shevchenko scored....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried the moment the man came on. Just because he's 'out of form' doesn't take the class out of the man.

    ReplyDelete