Wednesday 29 April 2009

Loneliness...

It's very strange how loneliness can creep up on you and then jump you in an instant. I was at home on my own (obviously!) and I was suddenly overcome with a sense of loneliness. Really strange.
I'm not a lonely person by any measure, I have 190+ friends on Facebook, I only got back from Jenn's Monday night, my brother is coming over tonight, youth on Friday is always a good place to feel popular :)
However, last night I just couldn't shake that feeling. It was all started by the fact that the post box, where my post is sporadically placed, is broken. I've fixed it up with tape but just occasionally it falls open spilling all my post all over the floor. I don't understand why but this caused me to feel a bit of a failure. IT'S ONLY A POST BOX!!! I have the last few months, organised and paid for a flat, moved house, got engaged.... I could go on - I have acheived things succesfully. On the scale of failure to success, I definitely fall on the successful side. So why do I seem to allow little things to spoil my enjoyment of what is a nice flat?
Grrrrr stress

PS I woke up this morning feeling fine, it's sunny, I'm alive, and dry. Life could be a lot worse I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment